- High degree of fire rating: slows down the passage of flames and smoke in comparison to standard B3 grades
- Quick setting - can be cut, sawn or plastered in 1 hour.
- Economical in use - expands up to 50 times its original volume.
- Fills irregular and broad gaps where most conventional fillers would fail.
- Possesses insulating and sound deadening properties.
Areas for Use
- gaps around pipe entries through fire rated walls
- To provide a fire rated seal around window and door frames
- Electrical wire chasing prior to plastering, where a fire rating is required.
- deep joints prior to applying sealant or plaster
- irregular gaps in stone, brick, concrete or plaster
- door frames
- timber structures
- Windowsills and thresholds.
- Window frames
- Behind cladding to exterior walls.
- behind soffit and barge boards
- In automotive applications.
When used as part of a fire rated joint, use in conjunction with EVERFLEX FIREMATE intumescent sealant for maximum fire rating.
Ensure all surfaces are clean, sound and free from dust and loose particles. Moisten surfaces to be sealed with water. This assists the curing process.
ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE GLOVES.
Shake can well before use (about 20 times).
Carefully fix nozzle. Do not overtighten or force.
ALWAYS USE CAN UPSIDE DOWN.
Only partially fill cavities, as the foam will expand to fill the remaining space. Any excess foam can be removed whilst still wet with EVERFLEX FOAM CLEANER. Cured foam must be removed mechanically. Always remove nozzle from can and clean immediately after use with EVERFLEX FOAM CLEANER. When used for fixing doorframes, supports must be used until the foam is fully cured.